Registration will open soon!
Are you looking for a safe, innovative, accessible, and powerful way to enhance your personal and/or professional fitness, confidence, and well-being while building endurance, core strength, and stamina? If the answer is yes, join Sherri from the comfort of your own home or office as she gently guides you through this introduction to integrating weights into your yogic practice and teaching.
Yoga with Weights, while not watering down the yogic system, is supportive to postural alignment, healthy metabolism, bone density, core strength, improved balance, breath awareness, balanced body weight, reduction of muscle tension, and toning muscles. It is a mainstream approach to yoga and all that yoga has to offer, yielding quick and safe results to optimize how you and/or your students look and feel.
During this session you will learn the basics of adding light free weights to your personal mind-body program and/or your teaching platform.
- Introduction: 15 min
- Practice Period—Yoga with Weights exercises on the yoga mat: 45 min
- Break: 10 min
- Techniques—Yoga with Weights breath work, deep relaxation techniques: 45 min
- Break: 10 min
- Practice Period—Yoga with Weights on physio ball or chair: 45 min
- Q and A—Participants' questions: 15 min
- Yoga mat
- A firm chair or large physio ball to sit on
- Yoga block if you have one
- Handheld and ankle weights (1–3 pounds for women, 3–8 pounds for men) OR bags of beans or pasta securely tied on or taped to ankles. Filled water bottles or canned food of equal weight, one for each hand, will also work. In India, where the first original weights were used in personal training, stones of equal weight, one in each hand, were the weights of choice.
Recommended Reading: Yoga with Weights for Dummies by Sherri Baptiste.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
A recording will be made available to registrants for two weeks following the workshop.
Note: Sherri is also a continuing education provider for the following: IAYT, ACE, NASM, ASFA, IDEA, AFAA, Health Care Provider HPS
Sherri Baptiste is an inspirational yoga teacher at the forefront of training in America. Founder of Baptiste Power of Yoga™, she is a certified yoga therapist and instructor whose classes, workshops, retreats, and teacher trainings provide an empowering, peaceful oasis in a hurried world. Sherri offers an environment in which students can find within themselves the tools and knowledge to support and maintain a happier, healthier, and more spiritual lifestyle. Sherri is the daughter of two of America’s yoga, health, fitness, and dance pioneers, Magaña and Walt Baptiste, and sister of Baron Baptiste. The author of Yoga with Weights and Yoga All in One (Wiley Publishers), Sherri has raised four children and currently lives with her husband in Marin County, CA.
The Zoom meeting link will be sent to registrants automatically in the registration confirmation upon receipt of payment.
Please ensure you have the link well before the start of the workshop—check your junk/spam folder. We cannot guarantee technical help the day of the workshop.